Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing Nvidia drivers

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.

Installing Nvidia drivers

#1 Post by Guest »

hey, i was following this link to install my nvidia drivers but it doesnt work for me. i follow it exactly to every word but get this error.

Xander

#2 Post by Xander »

Same person here, just found my login. i popped onto the irc channel on freenode and tried this command.

Code: Select all

(16:52:58) (dpkg) from memory, nvidia one-liner is update-pciids ; apt-get install module-assistant && m-a prepare && m-a a-i nvidia && apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-settings && modprobe nvidia && echo nvidia >> /etc/modules && dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (or xserver-xorg on testing and unstable). Contrib and non-free sources needed. See <non-free sources>
once doing that i wasnt sure what else i was meant to do so i just rebooted. still comes up with the same pixelated login. i tried running the .run file from terminal and it still came up with the same error.

lestoil

nvidia driver install

#3 Post by lestoil »

you might try this http://wiki.serios.net/wiki/ Debian Nvidia installer guide.
It worked for me. Good luck.

Re: Installing Nvidia drivers

#4 Post by Guest »

use this link for installing nvidia drivers in debian it worked like charm

Nvidia Drivers Installation in debian

Re: Installing Nvidia drivers

#5 Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:use this link for installing nvidia drivers in debian it worked like charm
Thanks. I'm sure it did.

My Debian Linux dream is open-source video drivers for all cards. I got thoroughly fed up with proprietary drivers. Now I use the standard Linux drivers. They may be slow, but they don't crash.