Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

x.org

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
kwi

x.org

#1 Post by kwi »

Hello. i've installed X.org using this http://incubator.vislab.usyd.edu.au/rol ... e/20040909 howto. now i want to remove it. can you guys tell me how can i do it in .. less painful way?

peschmae

#2 Post by peschmae »

/usr/local/X11R6.8 is where the files get installed to. Removing this directory should do the job, or did I forget something?

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

kwi

x.org

#3 Post by kwi »

peschmae wrote:/usr/local/X11R6.8 is where the files get installed to. Removing this directory should do the job, or did I forget something?

Peschmä
thank you, i allready found it. btw isn't there a x.org deb package ready? i think i did everything right installing x.org, but it's still not working properly..

peschmae

#4 Post by peschmae »

No there is curently none I'm avare of. But the above method is better anyway because it does not touch your existing XFree installation.

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell