Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Font Problems after Nvidia install.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
naelr

Font Problems after Nvidia install.

#1 Post by naelr »

After I needed the Nvidia Drivers (been running this box without them for about 6 months.) I have problems with my fonts.

Clicking on the K and browsing the installed programs looks just fine. Browsing webpages looks fine. But the toolbars in Firefox and Synaptic and a few other programs are really small and no matter what I do to the system font settings I cannot get them bigger. They are tiny even at 800x600 screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a setting to fix this. I like my settings at 1280x1024 but even at 1024x768 it is very hard to read the toolbars.

Programs like Skype, Konquerer, Thunderbird and Openoffice are fine. Others like Gftp, firefox, synaptic, and The Gimp almost hurt my eyes. Is this some obscure font. I have changed KDE's all font properteries under the control center but to no avail. Please help I am getting desperate.

Running KDE 3.3.2 if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks.
Naelr

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

apt-get install gtk-theme-switch and then use the switch2 command to change the font.

naelr

#3 Post by naelr »

it changes the fonts but they are still too small to read... I need to make them bigger but no matter what I do to the font page they won't increase in size. Anything else?

Harold

#4 Post by Harold »

If you are able to specify fonts with switch2, then you should also be able to specify font size.

naelr

#5 Post by naelr »

Well upon further inspection it fixed everything but firefox... I think it is because I am running the old version... I can install a new version but I want the update from a debian source... well off I go to fix another problem... thanks bunches.

Naelr