Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Print with OpenOffice.Org

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Oracle

Print with OpenOffice.Org

#1 Post by Oracle »

Hi everyone... another problem came to me... I can't print documents made with OO.org. I use a distant cups server, located on my gateway, with a printer HP DeskJet 5150. I have no problem with printing except with OO.org. I tried to configure the printer using the OO.org Printers Management, but in the properties, I can't see any paper style, and many more options are missing... The listboxes are empty. It's a bit confusing, 'cause the printer works perfectly anywhere else...

The only solution I've found for the moment is to print into a PDF file, and then print the PDF on the printer...

Does someone knows something about how to configure printers in OO.org, especially the DeskJet 5150 ?

Thanks for your help.

tim

#2 Post by tim »

Try installing cupsys-bsd (apt-get install cupsys-bsd).
Grieve not for happy Claudius, he is dead;
And empty is his skull.
Pity no longer, arm-in-arm with Dread,
Walks that polished hall.

Joy, too, is fled.
But no man can have all.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Oracle

#3 Post by Oracle »

Hi... finally solved this...

The problem is a well know bug reported in the database... Only one solution : edit the /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf and set

Code: Select all

# Disable native CUPS priting support?  See README.Debian for more
# information
export SAL_DISABLE_CUPS=3D1
The Debian version of OpenOffice doesn't seem to support the cups drivers... this solution temporarly solves the problem, waiting for the next version of OpenOffice for Debian...