Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[hint] use ubuntus xorg pakages for debian(/sid)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
superstoned

#16 Post by superstoned »

Anonymous wrote:I've been running it non-stop since yesterday and have yet to experience any problems. seems to be running rock solid. All I did was install all 6.8.1 packages from ubuntu and rebooted the system.

Jim:lol:
try xcompmgr :D

(save important files first...)

chimaera

#17 Post by chimaera »

here, only xcompmgr crashes, the system or X itself is not affected..

superstoned

#18 Post by superstoned »

chimaera wrote:here, only xcompmgr crashes, the system or X itself is not affected..
hmmm. here, it sometimes even freezes the system, so I have to do a hard reset. :(

peschmae

#19 Post by peschmae »

Here it just doesn't do anything :D

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

veezis

#20 Post by veezis »

here it just kicks me out to gdm screen, if i try to add composite extension to xorg.conf or even use xcompmgr :) but everything is normal without that. now i'm using x.org for a month and i am quite happy :)
debian sid ist der sieg!

#21 Post by Guest »

I got my xorg from debian.linux-systems but that's gone now.
It's version 11, revision 0, release 6.8.1 and it has a big mem leak besides that I have had no problems.
Was wondering if anyone has tried changing the debian.linux-systems source to the ubuntu source and updating whitout too many problems??

veezis

#22 Post by veezis »

there should be no problems - i've tried both packages, and experienced no problems.
debian sid ist der sieg!

#23 Post by Guest »

Why not just download the xorg source package from the ubuntu servers and compile it with apt-build?

chimaera

#24 Post by chimaera »

imho, just apt-getting the binaries is easier than getting the sources and compiling myself, isn't it? ;)

Uteck

#25 Post by Uteck »

Here is Debian source for Xorg.

deb http://neo.wh-stuttgart.de/debian sarge xorg
deb-src http://neo.wh-stuttgart.de/debian sarge xorg

JackTheVendicator

#26 Post by JackTheVendicator »

I've installed X.org in an old & slow (with a SiS on board video controller) and a faster computer (with a GeForce FX 5200). In the slow one, the frame rate seems to be a bit increased after the "update" to x.org.
The crashes are frequent in the slow computer, but were the same with xfree (I think is the cooling system which isn't very effient). In the new computer, instead, X.org seems to be stable, even with nvidia official drivers.
In my case, nvidia drivers needed to be reinstalled to make opengl work correctly.
IMHO is a good software :)