Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

a different wallpaper for each workspace?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Radscientist

a different wallpaper for each workspace?

#1 Post by Radscientist »

Hi this is my first post here and i'm new ro linux but i've finally set up a utility called brightside (i think) for GNOME and it allow me to switch workspace by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen onto the next workspace but i've noticed that it does make some confusion when i accidently move it over to the side.

I would like to fix this by having each of the 4 workspace have it own wallpaper. for example, workspace 1 for a pic of a 3d model i made, workspace 2 has a pic of a 3d model i hope to be good enough to model, and so on. U understand?

like i said i'm new to linux so please be careful of jargon and stuffs when explaining to me how to set it up like that.

EDIT: oh i also would like to know how to make the brightside also let me move from the first to the last by moving the mouse on the left screenedge of workspace 1 into the right screen edge of workspace 4?

bluesdog

#2 Post by bluesdog »

This is quite easy... with KDE.

Apparently not so with Gnome, unfortunately, and is one of the reasons I prefer the KDE desktop.

There is a python-based tool called 'Wallpapoz', which apparently allows different wallpapers for each desktop in Gnome

I have not used it, so I cannot comment. Someone else on the forum may have a better suggestion, or may have experience setting up Wallpapoz.

Check it out here: http://wallpapoz.sourceforge.net/

Good luck

Radscientist

#3 Post by Radscientist »

can't seems to be able to get this Wallpapoz working. is there alot of python dependencies or what?

bluesdog

#4 Post by bluesdog »

Wish I could help

This discussion may offer some clues, or perhaps some Gnome guru will show up.

You could also try googling for discussions related to the Wallpapoz script/daemon system.

You could even install kde.. :wink: