Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

eog & gthumb

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
veezis

eog & gthumb

#1 Post by veezis »

Eye of Gnome and gThumb isn't working. both apps just don't display any images. when i run 'em trough terminal there are no errors. i just don't have any clue. :oops:

Roeland

#2 Post by Roeland »

Same problem here. Guess there's something wrong with the libs. Maybe an idea to file a bug report?

-Roeland
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins

peschmae

#3 Post by peschmae »

Are you running Sid or Sarge? On Sid it works for me - don't know about my Sarge systems though (could give it a try if you have the problem on sarge)

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

Roeland

#4 Post by Roeland »

peschmae wrote:Are you running Sid or Sarge? On Sid it works for me - don't know about my Sarge systems though (could give it a try if you have the problem on sarge)

Peschmä
I'm experiencing it on Sid

-Roel
Science Center

veezis

#5 Post by veezis »

Roeland wrote:
peschmae wrote:Are you running Sid or Sarge? On Sid it works for me - don't know about my Sarge systems though (could give it a try if you have the problem on sarge)

Peschmä
I'm experiencing it on Sid

-Roel
me too.
debian sid ist der sieg!

veezis

#6 Post by veezis »

Roeland wrote:Same problem here. Guess there's something wrong with the libs. Maybe an idea to file a bug report?

-Roeland
it would be nice to send a bug report, but i see no errors. I also reinstalled almost all libs responsible for doing that kind of stuff, and guess what - the problem still exists :( btw - can you add a new wallpaper? i can't (using gnome 2.8 ) :cry:
debian sid ist der sieg!

peschmae

#7 Post by peschmae »

Are you sure you got all of the libraries "ldd /usr/bin/gthumb" shows installed?

Peschmäe
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

veezis

#8 Post by veezis »

yes.
maybe i'm not right, but i think that the problem is in gtk libs, not gthumb.
debian sid ist der sieg!

Roeland

#9 Post by Roeland »

veezis wrote:it would be nice to send a bug report, but i see no errors. I also reinstalled almost all libs responsible for doing that kind of stuff, and guess what - the problem still exists :( btw - can you add a new wallpaper? i can't (using gnome 2.8 ) :cry:
Adding wallpapers doesn't work either over here. Only when I do it by using gconf-editor...

Bugreports don't need error-messages, just a discription is enough. Just be clear and don't make suggestions of what you think it might be yourself.

-Roeland
Science Center

veezis

#10 Post by veezis »

ok, i'll try.
btw how do you change wallpapers? editing the 'picture_filename' key at desktop>gnome>background isn't working.
debian sid ist der sieg!

Roeland

#11 Post by Roeland »

veezis wrote:ok, i'll try.
btw how do you change wallpapers? editing the 'picture_filename' key at desktop>gnome>background isn't working.
That was working over here ;)

-Roel
Science Center

veezis

#12 Post by veezis »

btw after last night's upgrade everything seems to work! i'm so happy :)
debian sid ist der sieg!

Roeland

#13 Post by Roeland »

Same here, everything that was broken works again. There was a sh*tload broken, I must say. Nautilus wouldn't let me add wallpapers, icon browser wouldn't display icons, eog and gthumb wouldn't display graphics, Nautlius 'Computer' icons were gone.

But everything is fine again. Next time I'll file a bug report.

-Roel
Science Center