Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Graphical SFTP?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
viniosity

Graphical SFTP?

#1 Post by viniosity »

Is there a graphical SFTP client for gnu/debian similar to Transmit or Fugu on Mac OSX? I'm trying to ssh -X into a box and copy a bunch of files and directories from another server.

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

I don't know the programs you mentioned, but there are two possibilities to transfer files via ssh using a GUI (these two I'm aware of, surely there are others):

One is the good old mc. It is not a GUI per se, but allows you to see the files and the directories on the panel. Select Left->Shell link to activate it.

The other way I was using is konqueror. It has a protocol called 'fish' which does file transfer via ssh. Enter "fish://user@host/dir" to the location bar to use it. After the connection is made, you can copy files using drag and drop.

peschmae

#3 Post by peschmae »

gftp can do this as well of course. But I prefer mc (because it runs on a console :))

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell