Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Squeeze] udisks-daemon and dbus-daemon freezing gtk apps

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
hamradio

[Squeeze] udisks-daemon and dbus-daemon freezing gtk apps

#1 Post by hamradio »

Hi,
sometimes, randomly and without any reason I can understand, gtk applications freeze when launching them or when the dialog window "pick a file" opens for saving or opening a file.
The freeze is not complete: the application can still react very slowly, like under heavy load.
When this problem occurs I see udisks-daemon and dbus-daemon eating a lot of cpu power, so I have to become root and kill one of them or both, this makes the freezed application to work properly again. However this causes other daemons to malfunction, first of all I cannot mount/unmount removable filesystem from within nautilus and/or dolphin anymore. The final solution is a reboot, just until the problem randomly reappears.
I have a Squeeze, happily updated from the times of Sarge, and normally I use KDE, even though I tried switching to Gnome but that hasn't solved this problem.
I've had a look in Google and I found that other people has had this problem too, someone has fixed it reinstalling gnome-core but I haven't had such a luck! :(
Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.