Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

xine won't start when not connect to network

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
pigah

xine won't start when not connect to network

#1 Post by pigah »

Subject basically says it. I can start xine (either xine-ui or gxine) when my laptop is connected, but when I'm not, it starts and then stops with

Code: Select all

ERROR: Could not determine network interfaces, you must use a interfaces config line

pigah

#2 Post by pigah »

bump

homebody

#3 Post by homebody »

Try commenting out everything having to do with CDDB in ~/.xine/config and see if that helps.
Bob
--- Only man can make the simple so complex ---

pigah

#4 Post by pigah »

Nope, that didn't seem to do anything, but thanks for the advice.

pigah

#5 Post by pigah »

I fixed it. I had stopped network services in the startup because I was using laptop-net. I hated waiting while the DHCP thing failed. So instead, I just changed the network config to only start the local network.

Still don't know why xine needs a network running.

#6 Post by Guest »

xine can do lookups accross network for fileshares and also can use CDDB off the net...i also beleive there are codec downloads also soon to be seen...

why it looks to see if the interfaces are up on boot is a little unusual but may well be a quirk of the way it's programmed....i suggest asking Xine Irc/forums...