Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fontconfig not recognizing certain fonts

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
rztrnc

Fontconfig not recognizing certain fonts

#1 Post by rztrnc »

KDE, Gnome and probably other fontconfig based application are not recognizing helvetica and some other fonts that came with the distro. Probably all bitmap fonts (other fonts work fine). All the appropriate directories are present in fonts.conf and local.conf. When I run fc-cache, even font.cache-1 files are created in all the directories. But when I run fc-list, helvetica and others show up. I'm running Debian testing and I did a recent upgrade but this problem was there ever since I installed. It's fine with other non-fontconfig programs, everything shows up in xfontsel and (what I believe are) GTK 1 based apps. Any suggestions?

jobezone

Re: Fontconfig not recognizing certain fonts

#2 Post by jobezone »

rztrnc wrote:KDE, Gnome and probably other fontconfig based application are not recognizing helvetica and some other fonts that came with the distro. Probably all bitmap fonts (other fonts work fine). All the appropriate directories are present in fonts.conf and local.conf. When I run fc-cache, even font.cache-1 files are created in all the directories. But when I run fc-list, helvetica and others show up. I'm running Debian testing and I did a recent upgrade but this problem was there ever since I installed. It's fine with other non-fontconfig programs, everything shows up in xfontsel and (what I believe are) GTK 1 based apps. Any suggestions?
Run as root:
# dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig

and an option will be there for fontconfig to use bitmap fonts.

#3 Post by Guest »

Thanks! It worked.