Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing an application into KDE

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
GerardEgan

Installing an application into KDE

#1 Post by GerardEgan »

I have been a Linux/debian user all day. install went great. I am a radio ham (g0nwe) and have downloaded a communications prog called "linpsk" using apt-get install linpsk. The programmed is now resident in /usr/lib/menu/.This programme needs to run in KDE. Can anyone tell me how to install the programme into KDE?

Best regards from Runcorn nr Liverpool

Gerry
Exemplo Ducemus - Liverpool Gateway to the World

dawgie

Re: Installing an application into KDE

#2 Post by dawgie »

GerardEgan wrote:I have been a Linux/debian user all day. install went great. I am a radio ham (g0nwe) and have downloaded a communications prog called "linpsk" using apt-get install linpsk. The programmed is now resident in /usr/lib/menu/.This programme needs to run in KDE. Can anyone tell me how to install the programme into KDE?

Best regards from Runcorn nr Liverpool

Gerry
Not everything you install plays nice with the menu system.
Start up a shell and look for your program:
$ which linpsk
If the binary is installed in your path, it should show up.
If it is not included in your Kde menu, you can start the Kde menu editor and add this item. In Gnome, you can add a menu item by "right-click-->add new menu item".
If there is an icon for this program, it will typically be somewhere found in /usr/share/linpsk/

Bob

GerardEgan

Thanks Bob

#3 Post by GerardEgan »

Installed.. thanks mate.

Gerry
Exemplo Ducemus - Liverpool Gateway to the World