Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Which driver for Laserjet 1020 printer?

Need help with peripherals or devices?
devadasan

Re: Which driver for Laserjet 1020 printer?

#16 Post by devadasan »

dibl wrote:I have a hp Laserjet 1020 that also uses the foozjs hp Laserjet 1022 driver . Sometime in the past 6 months (I think) Debian has packaged that driver with the name printer-driver-foo2zjs. Install that package and it should "just work" by installing it through the cups interface.

If you use the hpcups driver, some of these printers, including mine and (apparently) yours, use a downloadable proprietary firmware plugin, downloaded from an HP server. Here is a note to myself on how to run the command that I had to use multiple times before the Debian package was built (for KDE desktop user):

Code: Select all

#hp "filter failed" error

Alt-F2 "kdesu hp-plugin -u --required --reason 0"

give password, accept default "download from hp server" choice, etc.

In a root terminal, it is simply

Code: Select all

hp-plugin -u --required --reason 0
Apparently the printer-driver-foo2zjs package gets around the downloadable proprietary plugin requirement. There is a hannah-foo2zjs package that you use to download the plugin. More here.
updated mac os now my hp Laserjet 1020 printer works fine