Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No sound on speakers when booting from usb

Need help with peripherals or devices?
ogliastrino

No sound on speakers when booting from usb

#1 Post by ogliastrino »

Hi everyone, i am new to the forum, and haven't found another topic that describes my issue, so here i am.
I installed debian wheezy on my Acer laptop (5830tg) and everything worked fine. then a couple of months ago, i replaced my internal hdd with a bigger one, and moved the working old drive in a usb enclosure, so now i boot debian from usb, and keep windows on the internal. The problem is that when i boot from usb i get no audio from the speakers, just from headphones, but if i connect the hdd to the internal sata bay it works like a charm.

How can i solve this? I am almost a newbie of linux systems, so i don't know where to look or what to check, apart from the alsa stuff, and that seems to be ok.