Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Wireless Driver not working

Need help with peripherals or devices?
rafasa

Re: Wireless Driver not working

#16 Post by rafasa »

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

It's kind of understandable that I'm having this problem, because my laptop was bought this year and this release is from 2 years ago. I guess I will install Jessie right away, to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

stevepusser

#17 Post by stevepusser »

Jessie will solve the problem--that would be simpler if you have no net access. If you have a wired connection, it would not take more than a few terminal commands to get the upstream "backports" (not to be confused with wheezy-backports) drivers compiled and installed.
MX Linux packager and developer

rafasa

#18 Post by rafasa »

I just installed Jessie, installed the firmware-iwlwifi package, and it's working!

I know it would be easy to fix this in Wheezy, but I had it installed just for a day, and after some search (knowing that I can install steam easily in Jessie, for example :D ), I guess this is the right version for me right now.

Thank you again