Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't get HP ScanJet 8200 in Jessie to work

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't get HP ScanJet 8200 in Jessie to work

#16 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

That patch you linked to seems to be a hack to return "success" when the ADF check fails.
To use it you'd need to apply the patch to the source for that file and rebuild the package.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

jessiesgirl

#17 Post by jessiesgirl »

Thanks for your & mardybear's help. I guess this thread can be closed, and I'll seek resolution from the SANE developers.

nixer

#18 Post by nixer »

From the long quote that you included:
[avision] get_firmware_status: [0] needs firmware 0
I was wondering if you tried to run:
# hp-plugin (as root) ?

I ask as I recently tried using a hp printer (laserjet pro 1102w) in jessie and it would not work until I ran this command.

jessiesgirl

#19 Post by jessiesgirl »

Thanks for the suggestion, nixer. I did as you suggested, and I think it worked (there are 5 warnings that make me wonder). But a test of the scanner afterwards did not produce any different results.

Code: Select all

root@debian:/home/jessiesgirl# hp-plugin

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.14.6)
Plugin Download and Install Utility ver. 2.1

Copyright (c) 2001-13 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

(process:7148): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(python:7148): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
Checking for network connection...
Downloading plug-in from: 
Receiving digital keys: /usr/bin/gpg --homedir /root/.hplip/.gnupg --no-permission-warning --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xA59047B9
Creating directory plugin_tmp
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing HPLIP 3.14.6 Plugin Self Extracting Archive...............................

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.14.6)
Plugin Installer ver. 3.0

Copyright (c) 2001-13 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

Plug-in version: 3.14.6
Installed HPLIP version: 3.14.6
Number of files to install: 26

(process:7219): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

(python:7219): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

Done.
 Plug-in installation successful 

(python:7148): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

Done.

Darkhoood

#20 Post by Darkhoood »

I have same scanner and I had the same problem. I managed to sort it out by using avision backend in sane and added 'option skip-adf' to /etc/sane.d/avision.conf