Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sennheiser BTD 500 USB/MM400-X headset

Need help with peripherals or devices?
ectospasm

Sennheiser BTD 500 USB/MM400-X headset

#1 Post by ectospasm »

I purchased a Sennheiser MM400-X headset (on w00t!), and I had been using it with my Retina MacBook Pro for work. I started having trouble with the mic on this (I'm a VoIP engineer and need a decent headset to use with with work). Sennheiser recommended some things I've already tried, now my troubleshooting has changed to try it with my Debian Jessie workstation at home.

When I connected it to Debian, I could see the BTD 500 USB dongle in pavucontrol, but no audio would come through the headphones or mic. I managed to fix it by placing the USB dongle into pairing mode (unplugging it and plugging it back in within seconds; the LED should begin alternate between flashing red and blue), then I put the headphones into pairing mode (again, pressing the center button on the right cuff until its LED flashed red/blue). After a few seconds, the dongle and headset paired, and I was able to get audio (both headphones and mic, output and input).

Now I just need occasion to test the mic more thoroughly. The problem on OS X is the mic will eventually just pick up static, no real audio. This is killer when calling customers and it decides to go out. I had been trying to remove the battery from the MM400-X for a period of at least an hour, to see if that resolves it. At first that worked, but the last time I tried it at work it didn't. I'm trying to replicate the behavior at home, so I have more ammunition for Sennheiser support.

Larry12

Re: Sennheiser BTD 500 USB/MM400-X headset

#2 Post by Larry12 »

Well, there are numerous Headphone brands listed on ranker.com from which you can choose a good headphone as per your budget. I would recommend investing in Sol Republic headphones as they provide high quality headphones at very reasonable prices.