Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Input lag on mednafen / openGL

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dencrypt

Input lag on mednafen / openGL

#1 Post by dencrypt »

Hi,

I have been wrestling with this problem for some time now, with no avail. I have some serious input lag (using gamepad through USB) when using mednafen together with opengl. I am using a ATI HD3000, (built in to motherboard) and debian jessie together with FOSS drivers. If I use overlay instead, the input lag is acceptable, but not as good as it could be. I've tried all the things in the mednafen documentation like turning off vsync, filters and whatnot but it doesn't really make any difference. There is also something about turning off "flip queue size" and Triple buffering but I have not found any way to change these settings for the FOSS driver.

I can use the overlay, but I would prefer to lower the input lag even further and use the opengl driver. Anyone had this problem? I understand that there will always be *some* input lag on a HDTV but why is opengl so slow for me?