Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hauppauge 2250 on Jessie

Need help with peripherals or devices?
oh_noes

Hauppauge 2250 on Jessie

#1 Post by oh_noes »

There's a fair bit on the net about getting the Hauppauge 2250 to work with earlier versions of Debian but I'm not having any luck using these instructions to get it to work on Jessie. Long story short is that it in very early Linux Kernal versions (2.x) it needs to be compiled with a few patches, but recently (3.x I believe) the firmware can be simply loaded into /lib/firmware (or /lib/firmware/`uname -r`)

Has anyone gotten it to work on Jessie?

Instructions I have followed are here: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/H ... V-HVR-2250

One very simple question, Jessie no longer has a /lib/firmware and /lib/firmware/`uname -r`. I suspect this is my problem (I may be coping the fw to a location the kernel isn't looking) but I'm unfamiliar with the Firmware UDEV (sorry!).

I noticed package firmware-ivtv exists, but it seems to be for USB only.

Thanks

kalle123

Re: Hauppauge 2250 on Jessie

#2 Post by kalle123 »

One very simple question, Jessie no longer has a /lib/firmware and /lib/firmware/`uname -r`. I suspect this is my problem (I may be coping the fw to a location the kernel isn't looking) but I'm unfamiliar with the Firmware UDEV (sorry!).
This is my Jessie 8.1 KDE 64 bit. /lib/firmware is here .....

oh_noes

Re: Hauppauge 2250 on Jessie

#3 Post by oh_noes »

Weird? Was that a dist-upgrade?

root@server:~# find /lib/firmware
find: `/lib/firmware': No such file or directory
root@server:~# uname -a
Linux server 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3 (2015-08-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@server:~# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 8 \n \l