Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

acx100 module build failure

Need help with peripherals or devices?
pucherprencis

acx100 module build failure

#1 Post by pucherprencis »

Hello everyone.
I'm getting this trouble while trying to make it work an acx100 based wireless card.
I'm using a "sarge" machine with the 2.4.27 kernel.
I've checked the Craig's howto, to verify if the building environment was ok, and it was.
Then I've begun to follow the instructions as in the /usr/share/doc/acx100-source/README.Debian document, which was produced unpacking the acx100 source file of the distribution.
So, I've chosen what the author of that dcoument calls the Debian way to prepare the module, having previously installed the module-assistant package and the kernel source and headers as well:
module-assistant prepare
module-assistant get acx100
module-assistant build acx100
The first two steps concluded smoothly but the last one reported a failure during the build of the package leaving me with the options to view the log file, to continue ignoring the error, or to stop processing the build commands. The second and third options have the same result, to conclude the building. The first option permits to exam the log file and the end of the file shows a number of errors. These are the last rows:
acx100_helper.c:772: error: conflicting types for `acx_read_fw'
../include/acx100_helper.h:650: error: previous declaration of
`acx_read_fw'
acx100_helper.c: In function `acx_read_fw':
acx100_helper.c:789: warning: passing arg 3 of
`request_firmware_R38ce5074' from incompatible pointer type
acx100_helper.c: In function `acx_upload_fw':
acx100_helper.c:1129: error: structure has no member named `dev'
acx100_helper.c: In function `acx_upload_radio':
acx100_helper.c:1200: error: structure has no member named `dev'
make[3]: *** [acx100_helper.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/acx100/src'
make[2]: *** [driver] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/acx100'
make[1]: *** [binary_modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/acx100'
make: *** [kdist_build] Error 2
Can anyone help me to understant what I am missing?
TIA
Riccardo Pucher Prencis

anon

Firmware?

#2 Post by anon »

The package page http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/acx100-source says you need to install acx100-firmware and you need to add:
deb http://stef.tvk.rwth-aachen.de/~nazgul/debian acx100/
to your /etc/apt/sources.list to get it. If you've already done this, I'm at a loss, there are no relevant bugs submitted against acx100-source, so I'd suggest that you file one yourself using reportbug.

pucherprencis

acx100

#3 Post by pucherprencis »

Thank you for your help, anon.
Reading the howto by Christian Kirbach has been very useful.
Really, I've not been able to make the acx100 card working with 2.4.27-xxxx kernels but, when I installed a 2.8.11 kernel finally I've got the card working.
I will try some other experiment to succeed with also with the older kernels.
Thank you again.
Riccardo