Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with sata raid controler on debain installation

Need help with peripherals or devices?
oudaim

Problem with sata raid controler on debain installation

#1 Post by oudaim »

Hi

I tried to install debian on Intel D925XECV2 mother bord with Intel 82801FR SATA raid controler and 2 hard disks. I disabled The Raid drive in the bios and I delete Raid 1 whith raid utilities.

The first time, I started with DebianInstaller CD on default mode, On "partition disk" step, the background became red ant this error message apears "No partitionable media were found".

The second time, I started with DebianInstaller CD on "linux26" mode, On "Detect and mount cd-rom" step, The cd-rom drive wasn't detected. I found in Debain Errata that the sata controler is blocking access the cd drive.

The third time, I startet with DebianInstaller CD on "Expert26" mode, On "Detect and mount cd-rom" step, I unselect sata driver (ata_piix). Then, cd-rom drive was detected and installtion continued but On "partition disk" step, the background became red ant this error message appeared "No partitionable media were found".

If DebianInstaller doesn't include a driver for my INTEL 82801fr sata raid controller, how can I include it.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Regards

anon

Well...

#2 Post by anon »

Afaik, you unloaded the sata driver to get your cdrom working, so it doesn't seem far fetched that you'll have to reload it to see the hd javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
In case this isn't enough, a bit of google turned up someone who rebuilt the installer with a 2.6.11 kernel and seem to suffer from the same type of issues: http://blog.blackdown.de/2005/06/26/deb ... rnel-2611/
(note that 2.6.12 is now in unstable but kernel-image-* is now linux-kernel-*)