Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't get my bluetooth headset to connect.

Need help with peripherals or devices?
sledgehammer_999

Can't get my bluetooth headset to connect.

#1 Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Hi,

I am using Debian sid(xfce). I have a bluetooth dongle and a bluetooth headset. The headset supports only the HFP and HSP profiles.
I think I have installed all the necessary packages but I have problems connecting to it. Pairing works, but connecting via a profile doesn't.
The dongle works great for transferring files to other devices.

When I tell blueman to connect to either profile of the headset it connects for maybe one second and then immediately disconnects with the error:
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
or something similar that isn't descriptive of what is actually happening. Also it is so generic that I can't find useful info via google.
I get the same results if I try to connect in the command line via bluetoothctl.

Here is the really weird thing: I tried Ubuntu 15.10(pretty close to debian unstable) and it works without problems. I then tried another clean install of debian unstable and it still doesn't work. So I suppose something is missing from my installs or I need to do some obscure edit to some configuration file.

Can you help me?

Some final thoughts: It is really frustrating to find minimal info about bluez 5 on the internet. I don't even know which conf files control bluez 5 or if there is a log that indicates problems in more verbosity. The internet is filled with stuff about bluez 4 or earlier but they don't apply to bluez 5. Frankly I have no idea on how to debug this.

My headset is: JABRA BT2045

Packages that I have installed:
1. bluetooth
2. gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-1.0
3. libbluetooth3
4. libgnome-bluetooth13
5. pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
6. blueman
7. bluez
8. bluez-firmware
9. bluez-obexd
10. bluez-tools