Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LCD-LED screen

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bdarco

LCD-LED screen

#1 Post by bdarco »

today i bought 2x iiyama ProLite E2483HS 24'' screens, but after unboxing them i noticed its a LED-LCD screen, wich i did not notice in the store.

they where a bit more expensive then regular samsung or lg screens, but this whole "LED-LCD" scared me because i thought that LCD is an old technology.

google, told me its a LCD screen using a LED-backlight, but is that better then a regular LED screen?

Question, did i ripped myself with buying a LED-LCD screen? or is it actually better compared to regular LED screens?

GarryRicketson

Re: LCD-LED screen

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

If it isn't what you wanted, I would take it back and exchange, for exactly what
I want, if they don't have it , get your money back.
Sales men often tell you anything they think you want to hear, just to convince
you that it is what you want.
they where a bit more expensive then regular samsung or lg screens
Is a "regular samsung or LG screen" what you wanted ?
Does that not tell you something, ? they sold you the more expensive item,
even though it was not even what you are looking for, Take it back , and tell them
you want the regular samsung or LG screen ( if that is what you want )
told me its a LCD screen using a LED-backlight, but is that better then a regular LED screen?
To be honest I don't know, but that is not the point, the point is, they sold you something else, that is more expensive, and maybe obsolete, if that is not what you wanted , take it back.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

Re: LCD-LED screen

#3 Post by 4D696B65 »

bdarco wrote:google, told me its a LCD screen using a LED-backlight, but is that better then a regular LED screen?
led monitors ARE lcd, the leds back-light the lcd. Older lcd moitors use fluorescent for back-light. Led monitors are more efficient.
bdarco wrote:Question, did i ripped myself with buying a LED-LCD screen? or is it actually better compared to regular LED screens?
You didn't get ripped off. Led is less power hungry.