Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hercules Kyro2 and Debian 8

Need help with peripherals or devices?
386DX

Hercules Kyro2 and Debian 8

#1 Post by 386DX »

Hi,
I am a new debian/linux user and I built a pc with old components (Athlon Thunderbird and KT133 chipset) with latest Debian Jessie os. I'd like to use a Powervr Kyro2 based graphic card with this (Hercules 4500 64MB) but I don't know if there're drivers loaded by the os or that should be manually installed cause when I tried I think the gui was too slow to have the right driver config.
Thank a lot for any info!
Bye

386DX

Re: Hercules Kyro2 and Debian 8

#2 Post by 386DX »

Some more info, I followed some tutorial and created the Xorg config file and inside it's using the vesa driver. Glxinfo and system profile tells me I'm using Gallium vmware driver that seems a "generic" (?).
I think that in the past kernels there was a support for a kyrofb driver or similar for these gpu. Is still supported or installable for a recent 3.x kernel or the only thing possible is to use this driver?