Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

suspend on Mac Mini (late 2009 model) shows blank screen

Need help with peripherals or devices?
robertb

suspend on Mac Mini (late 2009 model) shows blank screen

#1 Post by robertb »

I have a late 2009 model Mac Mini. It is intel-based. I'm running Debian jessie. Everything works fine except suspend. (Hibernate also does not work, but I'd like to get suspend working first.)

I tried installing uswsusp. Running s2ram does not work (s2ram -f also does not work). It looks like it suspends (the fan turns off), and the led on the front blinks. But, when I tap the keyboard, the light stops and the fan starts up, but I only have a black screen. Also, I cannot ssh to the machine, so the networking doesn't start up.

After hard rebooting it via holding the power button, I see in /var/log/pm-suspend.log that it tries to suspend, ending with "performing suspend". However, I do not see the wake-up event.

I'm running 3.16.0-4-amd64 with pm-utils=1.4.1-15 and uswsusp=1.0+20120915-6.

Running sudo s2ram -n results in

Code: Select all

Machine unknown
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Apple Inc."
    sys_product  = "Macmini3,1"
    sys_version  = "1.0"
    bios_version = "    MM31.88Z.00AD.B00.0907171535"
Is this supported at all? Or, do I just need to leave the machine on?

JLloyd13

Re: suspend on Mac Mini (late 2009 model) shows blank screen

#2 Post by JLloyd13 »

Have you tried the usual method of installing pm-utils and using pm-suspend? systemd I believe also as a suspend command, you could try that too. s2ram I haven't heard of all that often, I think it's less common. If that doesn't work try a backported kernel, although given the age of the machine I kind of doubt that would make a difference.
Laptop: Debian GNU/Linux 9 'Stretch' 64bit
Read: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian/
We are the Universal OS. Be patient, give help, teach the Debian way.