Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to repartition an sdcard to install debian on android?

Need help with peripherals or devices?
prahladyeri

How to repartition an sdcard to install debian on android?

#1 Post by prahladyeri »

I have a rooted 8" KitKat tablet on which I want to install debian on a chroot using linux deploy. According to the guide, one of the first steps is to re-partition the external sdcard into two parts: one 512mb FAT32 partition, and another ext2 partition.

Is there a way to re-partition my 32gb external sdcard using an app or something on android itself? I'd prefer not having to take out the sdcard and reinsert it on another device.

Another problem is that my tablet only supports MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) when connected to a computer via USB, it does not support the typical Mass Storage Device mode. If the latter were the case, I could have easily used something like gparted on my linux computer and partitioned it, but not sure whether that could be done using MTP.

I also have a CWM boot recovery image of my tablet, so I can start using that. But is it possible to safely re-partition an external sdcard using that?

pylkko

Re: How to repartition an sdcard to install debian on androi

#2 Post by pylkko »

Using an adb shell, perhaps, if Android has some executable that can do the formatting. Or maybe there is an app