Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9.1 on i3-7100/GA-B250M-D3H

Need help with peripherals or devices?
kantacki

Debian 9.1 on i3-7100/GA-B250M-D3H

#1 Post by kantacki »

Hi,

I have just downloaded Debian-9.1 Live for several display managers (MATE,CINAMON,KDE) and when I start The system from CD I see that X server is up (I can see wallpaper and mouse pointer) however I do not see the menu of display manager so that I cannot execute any program (well I can after CTRL+ALT+F1-> login -> xterm --display=:0 -> ALT-F7), so I thought that this is because missing firmware so I installed Debian-9.1 on HDD and apt-get install firmware-misc-nonfree and firmware-linux-nonfree but the results were the same (no menu of display manager). What is interesting I did not find any errors in Xserver logs.

Here is what helped me to solve the problem:
I had to copy xorg.conf from xserver-xorg-video-intel package to /etc/X11 and that is all

framebuffer driver is not working well with X on i3-7100!

kantacki

Re: Debian 9.1 on i3-7100/GA-B250M-D3H

#2 Post by kantacki »

Another group of testing for this case:
It is worth to mention that my computer was connected to monitor using SVGA cable and is seems that Intel driver tries to copy one screen onto all monitors, but when we use fbdev driver we have so called extended desktop.
I tried to also connect my computer with monitor using HDMI cable and then even frame buffer driver works on it, so I can see all display manager menus.

So when I am connected to monitor using SVGA then fbdev detects "fake monitor" on HDMI.

I have attached Xorg.log when I use Intel driver and when I use fbdev.

Can you explain to me what is DP-1 and what is eDP-1 in the log files

Xorg.log fbdev

https://kalamlacki.eu/Xorg.log.fbdev

Xorg.log intel

https://kalamlacki.eu/Xorg.log.intel

Can you confirm that on other machines exist similar problem so that I can exclude hardware problem and create new bug in bugtracker