Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Looking for known touchscreen support

Need help with peripherals or devices?
mikeee404

Looking for known touchscreen support

#1 Post by mikeee404 »

So, has there been any updates to this subject? I have been running Debian 9 on two "non-touch" laptops since its release and I am extremely happy with the distro. But I am working on a project, a torn down extended Chevy Suburban that will have some tech add-ons. One of these add-ons will require a touchscreen interface. I would love to run the custom software on the same unit as the interface for faster access, but if there has been no significant progress in this then I will have to go with a less desirable approach like using a tablet to access the software or still use a laptop but have the keyboard/touchpad visible in the custom console mount.

I have been looking at some of the slightly older Dell Latitude XT3, Lenovo ThinkPad Twist, or Fujitsu Lifebooks so I can have a 12 to 13 inch screen. Has anyone had good luck with any of these models, or any other model in that size? I don't need multi-touch to work, just standard clicks and long press right clicks would be great. Is this supported in the newer kernel versions or still a work in progress?

Thanks in advance

bigrigdriver

Re: Looking for known touchscreen support

#2 Post by bigrigdriver »

There is a kernel module named fujitsu_ts.ko.
Fujitsu usb touchscreen kernel module and utilities v0.3.5
by zmiq2 <zzmiq2@gmail.com>, Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:19:33 +0200

The goal of this project is to produce a useful linux kernel and utilities to use the
fujitsu usb touchscreen included in tablet laptops like the U810 (aka u1010, u820),
the P1620 and the T1010.

This driver has been tested and proved working on a Fujitsu U810 - 32bit, on a
Fujitsu P1620 - 64bit and on a Fujitsu T1010 - IA64bit.
You can read more about calibration of the touchscreen, and "right click on long press" here: https://github.com/mapmot/fujitsu-u810/ ... ouchscreen
Registered GNU/Linux user #170078

Go ask google before you ask on these boards.

It it isn't broken, Tweak It !!!

mikeee404

Re: Looking for known touchscreen support

#3 Post by mikeee404 »

Well at least that confirms there is support for Fujitsu touchscreen, thank you for that. Is there any other brand that has support as well?

I am making an assumption here so correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that there may be better support for desktop standalone touch screens. This wouldn't be out of the question for my project, especially if support is better.