Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Install Mouse Problems.

Need help with peripherals or devices?
icecold7777

Debian Install Mouse Problems.

#1 Post by icecold7777 »

First off just wanted to say im Pretty new to Linux although ive had months on months of experience with Linux in Virtual Machines so I know a decent amount about what im doing but not 100% Completely. Anyways, So I installed “debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso” to my USB booted into it and I can install the OS completely I just can't install it in “Graphical Install” because my mouse doesn't support Debian I think. I really can't move my mouse at all to try to use the Graphical Installer although I can install it via non-graphical installer but that would be kinda pointless because then when you know.. I boot into Debian I can't use my mouse.. Any suggestions? I am using a “Razer Deathadder Chroma” and I pretty much have to just stick to making Linux work on my high spec PC till I can get a Think-pad next Christmas. All reply's are appreciated thank you. :|

Segfault

Re: Debian Install Mouse Problems.

#2 Post by Segfault »

I'd boot using latest SystemRescueCd (choose alternative kernel to get the latest) and if it works there then lsmod to figure out what driver it might use.

debiman

#3 Post by debiman »

just use the non-graphical installer, no mouse required.
chances are your mouse either just works later, or you can set it up.
if i were you i'd do some preliminary search on how this one fares with linux.

also, if you're new to linux, don't use debian testing. use debian stable.

Bulkley

#4 Post by Bulkley »

debiman wrote:also, if you're new to linux, don't use debian testing. use debian stable.
+1. By definition, Testing comes with problems. This is particularly true with a new Testing as we have now. Don't fool around. Use Stable.

Segfault

#5 Post by Segfault »

FWIW, there are some odd mice that require some special HID drivers in kernel, which may not be available in old kernels.