Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Logitech H390 USB Headset Not Working In Debian Stretch

Need help with peripherals or devices?
debiannewbie2017

Logitech H390 USB Headset Not Working In Debian Stretch

#1 Post by debiannewbie2017 »

Hello,
I recently bought a Logitech H390 USB Headset with the purpose of using for work for talking with people over voip, and for listening to music. Because this headset is fairly popular online, and because Logitech often has good open source drivers, I assumed that this headset would work with no issue. I use Debian stretch 64 bit edition. My computer only has an audio port, so I had to get a USB headset in order to talk with people. Long story short, this headset works both with the audio and the microphone with Trisquel 7.0, which is the 100% libre version of Ubuntu 14.04. I assume that since it works well in Trisquel, getting it to work in Debian Stretch should not be so difficult. And, although I haven't tested it with Ubuntu 16.04, I assume that the headphone will work in that OS as well. I have tried searching online for a while for a solution to this in Debian Strech, and I have tried several different softwares to try to get it working, but nothing so far has worked. I have tried changing different settings with pulseaudio, but nothing works. So, to sum up, I can get neither the audio nor microphone working for this headset to work in Debian Strech. I don't want to have to change to Ubuntu, Trisquel, or Windows just to use my headset.

Any and all help is appreciated to get this headset to work both with the audio and the microphone.

Thank you
:D

pylkko

Re: Logitech H390 USB Headset Not Working In Debian Stretch

#2 Post by pylkko »

When something doesn't work, you should think about trying to find out why it doesn't work. Knowing that it does not work helps very little. On computers you can get clues about this by reading logs. Once you have an idea of what might be wrong, you can try to find solutions for the problem.