Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Lenovo Thinkpad x230 tablet Stylus Pen recognized as mouse

Need help with peripherals or devices?
wawawa

Lenovo Thinkpad x230 tablet Stylus Pen recognized as mouse

#1 Post by wawawa »

Hey,

I'm glad to be a new member of this community :). I need some help with my laptop. Debian 9 works on the x230t very smooth, but the Pen recognization is a problem for me. I work actually with JS and I need a input device recognization, which works under windows, but not under debian. (have a look at the code)

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
<p>This example uses the addEventListener() method to attach a click event to a button.</p>
<button id="myBtn">Try it</button>
<p><strong>Note:</strong> The addEventListener() method is not supported in Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions.</p>
<p id="demo"></p>
<script>
document.getElementById("myBtn").addEventListener('pointerdown', function(ev){
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = ev.pointerType;
});
</script>
</body>
</html>
The problem is, that debian handle the pen like a mouse. Is there some workarround to fix that problem?

In hope
wawawa

Capitain_Jack

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad x230 tablet Stylus Pen recognized as mou

#2 Post by Capitain_Jack »

That "problem" is "driver" (firmware) related. Witch image did you install? Let me guess you got the free version, take the one with non-free packages, if even after that you pen still recognizes as mouse, it's because the hardware needs specific software to run like so, and this is not supported yet by Debian.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha