Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian on Galaxy S6 question

Need help with peripherals or devices?
nadielaya7

Debian on Galaxy S6 question

#1 Post by nadielaya7 »

I need to run Debian on Android phone (Sprint Galaxy S6 rooted).

I just DL'd Lil Debi from https://guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/ and was going for installing it on my rooted phone.

You think I should just go ahead and install it? Anyone have any experience with Lil Debi on a galaxy s6 or similar? Is this the best way to go about it?

debiman

Re: Debian on Galaxy S6 question

#2 Post by debiman »

why do you "need"?

if you can get it to work, please report back!
i've tried once or twice and never succeeded.

nadielaya7

#3 Post by nadielaya7 »

I need Debian on my phone so I can run and program MetaTrader4 ExpertAdvisors on my phone. Its a Wine app.

Folks at MetaQuotes refuse to allow their android native app to run Expert Advisors on the basis that "its dangerous" and other such bologne. They are just trying to push people to pay them for a VPS service by not allowing basic functionality on mobile.

MetaQuotes should allow the users to decide for themselves how to run their own business.

You think I might be able to succeed at running full Wine apps on an android phone be it with Debian or a maybe even another distro (which I would really really not prefer to do so as I'm very happy with debian xfce)?

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

the ddg search from my last post got mangled; it should've been "android wine" and returned a surprisingly large number of relevant-looking result (i.e. wine software, not fermented grape juice).