Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Debian 9 Audio stutter/jump

Need help with peripherals or devices?
mquiroga

[Solved] Debian 9 Audio stutter/jump

#1 Post by mquiroga »

Hi eveyone, I'm having this random problem on Debian 9, everything was working perfect, yesterday i was listening music, playing youtube videos without a single problem, but today I started to listening some "jumps" in audio, like when you drop frames when streaming video, but just audio. I thought that was a firefox problem so I disabled every extension without any results. So I openen audio files (mp3 and FLAC) and I realized that it was a system problem.

I googled and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling pulseaudio, and disabling real time scheduling on pulseaudio but it didn't work at all. Im lost here, because I'm 100% sure that I haven't made changes on any configuration, the problem just appeared and I don't know why.

The problem appears only on the onboard audio, when I connect the videocard via HDMI to a TV the sound works perfectly. I have a Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 motherboard with a Realtek ACL887 codec.

I would appreciate some help here.

Thank you!
Last edited by mquiroga on 2017-12-18 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

Capitain_Jack

Re: Debian 9 Audio stutter/jump

#2 Post by Capitain_Jack »

This "sounds" like a bitrate and resample problem, what configs you are using? High configuration can lead to this kind of problem, this may point you into the solution:
http://www.overclock.net/a/how-to-get-t ... pulseaudio
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#3 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Found a similar problem at the distro I use forum:
https://sparkylinux.org/forum/index.php ... 959.0.html
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

mquiroga

#4 Post by mquiroga »

Capitain_Jack wrote:This "sounds" like a bitrate and resample problem, what configs you are using? High configuration can lead to this kind of problem, this may point you into the solution:
Tried this, worked perfectly, but I modified some values (alternate frecuency was setted on 192Khz. Still not sure why I had to modify the values, it was working perfectly before, and the file was completely commented. Anyways, Its solved.
Capitain_Jack wrote:This "sounds" like a bitrate and resample problem, what configs you are using? High configuration can lead to this kind of problem, this may point you into the solution:
Tried this before, didn't worked.

Thank you so much!

Capitain_Jack

#5 Post by Capitain_Jack »

You're welcome! Please, change the tilte of the first topic adding [SOLVED], as this solution can help others.
Albert Einstein
Buddha