Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mouse frozen and not working under Mate gui

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Bryan

Mouse frozen and not working under Mate gui

#1 Post by Bryan »

Hello,

I just got finished installing Debian with the Mate Gui my mouse doesn't work at all. It is stuck frozen in the middle of the screen. The same mouse (a WiFi USB mouse) with the same batteries worked with a gnome install but for this machine I'm trying to get it to work with Mate. Please help... I can't find documentation on this anywhere.

VentGrey

Re: Mouse frozen and not working under Mate gui

#2 Post by VentGrey »

I've never seen a WiFi mouse :mrgreen: only bluetooth ones.

It could be helpful if you provided us with more information like the mouse details like vendor, model or anything related to it.
Last edited by VentGrey on 2018-01-10 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
I would exchange everything I know in exchange for half of what I don't.

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

Can we assume that you have tried moving the sending unit in each and all USB ports?

How old is this computer? Laptop or desktop? Could it be possible that the computer has USB2 ports but the mouse requires a USB3 port?

Have you checked the computer's BIOS?

Bryan

#4 Post by Bryan »

I overstepped myself. It appears the mouse did physically break somehow. Purchasing another mouse did indeed fix the problem. Thanks.