Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] keyboard change

Need help with peripherals or devices?
sysmac01

[Solved] keyboard change

#1 Post by sysmac01 »

Hi, I have a hard drive from a portable pacard bell that I have in production to a samsung but the keyboard of the first has the numeric keypad extended to the right and the samsung does not.
Now when typing the system, it recognizes the keys as if it had the fn key pressed. example j = 1 k = 2 l = 3 0 = /.
I think it's because of the difference in the keyboard, can I set it up again to recognize the new type of keyboard? like when it is installed again, something like a hardware reconfigure
Debian 4.9.51-1 (2017-09-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Debian GNU/Linux 9

Hola he pasado un disco duro de un portátil pacard bell que tengo en producción a un samsung pero el teclado del primero tiene el teclado numérico extendido a la derecha y el samsung no.
Ahora al teclear el sistema reconoce las teclas como si tuviera la tecla fn pulsada. ejemplo j=1 k=2 l=3 0=/.
creo que es por la diferencia del teclado ¿puedo configurarlo de nuevo para que reconozca el nuevo tipo de teclado? como cuando se instala de nuevo, algo como un reconfigure de hardware
Last edited by sysmac01 on 2018-01-15 19:30, edited 2 times in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: keyboard change

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

sysmac01

#3 Post by sysmac01 »

Thanks for your help this is what I was looking for. I have been trying several options but I have not managed to work well.
I have realized that if I work without entering the graphical environment, in console, the keyboard works correctly with the configuration I have left now.
On the other hand, if I start a session in the graphical environment, the problem persists, even if I exit with ctrl + alt + F1 to console.
I'm going to investigate the variables and the graphic environment, I'm using Cinnamon, I do not know if I'm wrong, any suggestion will be of great help.

Gracias por tu ayuda esto es lo que buscaba. He ido probando varias opciones pero no he logrado que funcione bien .
Me he dado cuenta que si trabajo sin entrar al entorno gráfico, en consola, el teclado funciona correctamente con la configuración que he dejado ahora.
Por el contrario si inicio sesión en el entorno gráfico el problema persiste, aunque salga con ctrl+alt+F1 a consola.
Voy ha investigar las variables y el entorno gráfico, estoy usando Cinnamon no se si si estoy equivocado cualquier sugerencia será de gran ayuda.

sysmac01

#4 Post by sysmac01 »

Hello, the solution to my problem I found in the bios.
At the start of the system, a message "missing SO" appeared and started to start grub. to try to solve it I have entered the bios to see if I was looking for the disk I had before the change and looking for an entry
in the Boot tab
Enable Keypad ---> [Only By Fn Key]
I have changed it to
Enable Keypad ---> [By NunLock]
With this change I have solved the problem.
I can not upload the images, the server gives me an error.
Thank you

Hola, la solución a mi problema la he encontrado en la bios.
Al iniciar el sistema salia un mensaje "falta SO" y pasaba a arrancar grub. para intentar solucionarlo he entrado en la bios para ver si buscaba el disco que tenía puesto antes del cambio y buscando he encontrado una entrada
en la pestaña Boot
Enable Keypad ---> [Only By Fn Key]
la he cambiado a
Enable Keypad ---> [By NunLock]
con este cambio he solucionado el problema.
no puedo subir las imagenes me da error el servidor.
Gracias