Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't hear my voice in earphones

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Madbrain

Can't hear my voice in earphones

#1 Post by Madbrain »

As the title, when I speak into the mic I can't hear any sound back from the earphones.
I can only enable this function with Audacity, and it works fine, but using any other software it is impossible to do.
This is not a big problem, with Skype my friends hear me correctly, but if I try to sing with a karaoke I have to use an external mixer.
I have this issue both with Testing on my home workstation and with Stable on my Hp Pavilion dv6500 laptop, both with Xfce and duplex enabled under PulseAudio Volume Mixer.

How can I configure the system to work as Audacity do?

Thank you in advance :)
Better to be quiet and seem stupid, rather than talk and remove any doubt

Madbrain

Re: Can't hear my voice in earphones

#2 Post by Madbrain »

I found a useful command:

pactl load-module module-loopback latency_msec=1

This way I can hear my voice while speaking, but when I restart my pc I can't hear it again.
For now I can't find informations about the configuration file to modify in order to make this trick permanent, do you know anything about it?

Thank you :)
Better to be quiet and seem stupid, rather than talk and remove any doubt