Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Accidentally disabled display

Need help with peripherals or devices?
r0baj0b

Accidentally disabled display

#1 Post by r0baj0b »

I am using Debian 7.6 and had a 17" monitor plugged in via a DVI cable. I Changed the monitor for a 24" one, and while in the process of trying to change the resolution, I unchecked the "Use this output" on one of the two "24" NEC" monitor options. The display promptly vanished. It now only works if I use a VGA cable - I need to use the DVI cable. If I use the DVI cable and restart the computer everything is OK until I log in, then the display vanishes again and I can only use the VGA. If I press Ctrl-Alt-F1 I can get the TTY through the DVI though!

bw123

Re: Accidentally disabled display

#2 Post by bw123 »

Plug it back in to dvi, and use a spare (the old monitor) on the vga and re-enable it? or find out where your desktop stores the settings and delete them from tty. Or try creating a new user and see if you can get back to work that way.
resigned by AI ChatGPT