Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stretch (9.3) on T100TA, no microsd card reader

Need help with peripherals or devices?
rmac321

Stretch (9.3) on T100TA, no microsd card reader

#1 Post by rmac321 »

Many thanks to all the people who have gotten Debian working so well on the T100TA!

I found a lot of good info on the DebianOn page: https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/T100TA

While the references on that page are based on Jessie, I decided to try Stretch instead. I could not successfully finish any of the various installers as a dual-boot. However, on the first try at just loading a straight Debian setup I had success. Everything seems to work pretty well with 2 exceptions I've noted so far.

1) The microsd card reader doesn't work. (The report on the DebianOn wiki says it is 10/10 for Jessie.) Dmesg reports a mismatch irq 8. At that point it is a little over my head. googling I found something similar here: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/740607/
Anybody have an idea how to resolve that conflict with Debian Stretch?

2) Screen rotation doesn't seem to work with the scripts on the DebianOn page. I also tried the scripts over on the John Wells' pages for getting Ubuntu on to the T100TA, but they don't respond either. I suspect the accelerometers aren't set up right. I'm just starting to investigate that to see if I can figure out if it is hardware or software. Anybody else ahead of me there?

rmac321

Re: Stretch (9.3) on T100TA, no microsd card reader

#2 Post by rmac321 »

I have to admit that part of my struggle in trying to track this down is I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I suspect the internal microsd reader is a pci device, but I don't know that for sure. I suppose it could be hooked into the usb system. I can inspect dmesg and run lspci, lsusb, lsmod, etc, but I'm not sure what the device is called to track down the problem.

Can anybody tell me what kind of device the internal microsd card reader in the T100TA is and what it's device name is?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

Silly question. Have you tried the MicroSD reader with a MicroSD card in it? Have you been able to locate a MicroSD card and is it mounted?

Look at e.g. http://www.pkill-9.com/mount-usb-micro- ... automount/

rmac321

#4 Post by rmac321 »

arochester wrote:Silly question. Have you tried the MicroSD reader with a MicroSD card in it? Have you been able to locate a MicroSD card and is it mounted?
Yes, did that. What I didn't do was go ahead and use testing instead of making assumptions about the references to Jessie on the wiki page. Just got done doing all the updates to get updated from Stretch to current testing and now the sd card is working. It does look like it is related to an irq conflict.

old dmesg from stretch:

Code: Select all

[    2.783838] genirq: Flags mismatch irq 8. 00000088 (mmc0) vs. 00000080 (rtc0)
[    2.784585] mmc0: Failed to request IRQ 8: -16
[    2.784986] sdhci-acpi: probe of 80860F14:01 failed with error -16
One curiosity. In the Stretch version, the main "hard drive" is set up as mmcblk1. In the working testing version, the main drive is mmcblk2 and the sd reader is mmcblk0. mmcblk1 doesn't exist.
Another curiosity. I installed Jessie to see if it worked and the card reader worked fine.

I'd still like to figure out how to fix this in Stretch as I'd rather have this on stable if possible...