Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Odd issues with HP ProBook 6570b

Need help with peripherals or devices?
kcallis

Odd issues with HP ProBook 6570b

#1 Post by kcallis »

About a week ago, I installed Proxmox running Debian 9 Stretch on my HP ProBook 6570b, and it was working perfectly. Yesterday, I checked the web interface and realized that I was not connected to my switch. Upon checking the ProBook, I noticed that the indicators for Wifi as well as sound was off. I rebooted the Probook, and still those indicators were off, and although my CAT5 cable was connected to the switch, no traffic was flowing.

I decided that I would would re-install Proxmox and see if that would solve the problem. After installing, I was still not able to connect to the network. I used a Ubuntu 16.04 Live CD to boot the system. I had no issues with connection to both wired as well as the wireless interfaces. Believing that would solve the problem (what ever the problem might have been), I rebooted back to Proxmox. The issues was still there and I have run out of ideas. I know that when I installed Proxmox, I did an apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and did have any issues (until yesterday). But I have since re-installed Proxmox with no update and still I am having the network interface issue. I also seem to be having an issue with USB 3, but that is another issue for another day.

As anyone run into this issue, and if so, what is the solution?

TonyT

Re: Odd issues with HP ProBook 6570b

#2 Post by TonyT »

Verify that there's no ip address conflict. Per what I've read about proxmox the problem you have is caused by multiple devices ob the lan with the same ip address.