Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Canon doesnt release the sheet

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bester69

[Solved] Canon doesnt release the sheet

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
Canon Pixma MP160

My printer does not release the sheet completly with every task, and I have to restart the printer's power, in order to throw the sheet. I was wondering if there's any kind of generic compatible firmware for this mark. I can print perfectly using the Virtualbox XP, but Its very annoying.

I dont know whats going on, cos there was a past time, It only happend this problem eventually, but now Its happening always.., so i can only use it with virtualbox.. :?
Last edited by bester69 on 2018-06-19 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

shep

Re: Canon doesnt release the sheet

#2 Post by shep »

This is a wild guess, but are the paper sizes properly set in terms of a4 vs letter?

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

shep wrote:This is a wild guess, but are the paper sizes properly set in terms of a4 vs letter?
Printer settings were in Letter size, Ive changed to A4 and keep doing it
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Bulkley

#4 Post by Bulkley »

In the Canon settings look for anything that affects timing. It may simply be timing out.

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

Bulkley wrote:In the Canon settings look for anything that affects timing. It may simply be timing out.
I didnt see that parameter anywhere,,

Ive done a reset EEPROM.
http://www.rellenadodecartuchos.com/201 ... mp160.html

I think It's something about the linux firmware or about the EEPROM with it, but that last one doesnt seem probably as its printing good in XP.

Ive seen It can print properly from all Libreoffice's and some good pdf's as well (Hardware manuals, government's docs, etc), but i got problems with some pdf's documents (txt from cups-pdf) (Postcript code??), and when printing section web txt (It does happend the same).

I think , I will have to print using libreoffice or XP. :?

Thanks.

shep

#6 Post by shep »

Printing formats can be impacted at multiple points. A pdf actually specifies page size and orientation in the pdf. CUPS sets defaults for a particular printer (tray and page size) and printing apps (libreoffice/evince/gv) can also alter the print job. Unless your lucky enough to get a response from someone w/ a Canon Pixma printer, you may need to try trial and error.

Bulkley

#7 Post by Bulkley »

Yes, I have a Canon Pixma printer. Long ago I assigned it a permanent IP. If you put the IP number into a browser address page you can adjust a lot of stuff that doesn't come up on the control panel.

With printers, I experiment with drivers. If a Pixma 2100 driver gives errors try a 2150, etc.

BTW, if the printer drive wheels slip on the paper the timing will be off. You should see that on the copy.

bester69

#8 Post by bester69 »

Bulkley wrote:Yes, I have a Canon Pixma printer. Long ago I assigned it a permanent IP. If you put the IP number into a browser address page you can adjust a lot of stuff that doesn't come up on the control panel.

With printers, I experiment with drivers. If a Pixma 2100 driver gives errors try a 2150, etc.

BTW, if the printer drive wheels slip on the paper the timing will be off. You should see that on the copy.
I will try with MP150 to MP180 and some of them.. I didnt know They could work with another firmware, but it makes sense, It suppose closest models should have almost same implementation of firmware.

or perhaps should purge cups configuration,right now I dont know how to reset cups settings to default.. The problem might be in some parameter I had changed in past...

shep

#9 Post by shep »

If possible, I would also look at the Virtual Box XP printer settings and try to duplicate them in Debian.

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

shep wrote:If possible, I would also look at the Virtual Box XP printer settings and try to duplicate them in Debian.
Ive seen it also happend with libreoffice, and any other app, and when i switch to virtualbox-XP, It can print properly, and when back to linux, It also can print ok.. So in my opinion is something about a not vey fine hardware working together with linux firmware.. It seems when printer state is not very ok, linux firmware cant manage it properly.. So I need the windows firmware to keep the printer working properly, from time to time I will need to switch to virtual xp-mode to workaround theses issues or just print from xp.