Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

solaar not working with logitech receiver 046D:C51B

Need help with peripherals or devices?
hobbieman

solaar not working with logitech receiver 046D:C51B

#1 Post by hobbieman »

Hi,

I have a wireless logitech mouse with a receiver identified as "046d:c51b Logitech, Inc. V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks" and I am unable to have solaar work with it. Could someone please help?

I installed solaar to try to have it inform me of the battery status on the mouse, but solaar does not do anything. So, I ran solaar with --debug and here is what I got:

Code: Select all

$ solaar --debug
/usr/share/solaar/lib/solaar/gtk.py:33: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  __import__(module)
00:41:00,531     INFO [MainThread] root: language en_US (UTF-8), translations path None
00:41:00,575     INFO [MainThread] solaar.ui: application /io/github/pwr/solaar, registered True
/usr/share/solaar/lib/solaar/ui/notify.py:33: PyGIWarning: Notify was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Notify', '0.7') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Notify
00:41:00,604     INFO [MainThread] solaar.ui.tray: using StatusIcon
00:41:00,604     INFO [MainThread] solaar.ui.notify: starting desktop notifications
00:41:00,665     INFO [MainThread] solaar.upower: connected to system dbus, watching for suspend/resume events
00:41:00,666     INFO [MainThread] solaar.listener: starting receiver listening threads
00:41:00,682     INFO [MainThread] solaar.listener: receiver event add DeviceInfo(path=u'/dev/hidraw3', vendor_id=u'046d', product_id=u'c51b', serial=u'', release='4600', manufacturer='Logitech', product='USB Receiver', interface=1, driver=u'hid-generic')
00:41:00,687    ERROR [MainThread] logitech_receiver.receiver: open DeviceInfo(path=u'/dev/hidraw3', vendor_id=u'046d', product_id=u'c51b', serial=u'', release='4600', manufacturer='Logitech', product='USB Receiver', interface=1, driver=u'hid-generic')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/solaar/lib/logitech_receiver/receiver.py", line 525, in open
    return Receiver(handle, device_info)
  File "/usr/share/solaar/lib/logitech_receiver/receiver.py", line 340, in __init__
    assert serial_reply
AssertionError
Exception AttributeError: "'Receiver' object has no attribute '_devices'" in <object repr() failed> ignored
00:41:00,688  WARNING [MainThread] solaar.listener: failed to open DeviceInfo(path=u'/dev/hidraw3', vendor_id=u'046d', product_id=u'c51b', serial=u'', release='4600', manufacturer='Logitech', product='USB Receiver', interface=1, driver=u'hid-generic')

(solaar:16797): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion 'window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0' failed

I also had a look at the udev rules file 42-logitech-unify-permissions.rules (see below) and I noticed that the modules listed on there for this device ID are "logitech-djdevice|logitech-hidpp-device" but neither module exists on the system.

Code: Select all

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/42-logitech-unify-permissions.rules 
# This rule was added by Solaar.
#
# Allows non-root users to have raw access the Logitech Unifying USB Receiver
# device. For development purposes, allowing users to write to the receiver is
# potentially dangerous (e.g. perform firmware updates).

ACTION != "add", GOTO="solaar_end"
SUBSYSTEM != "hidraw", GOTO="solaar_end"

# official Unifying receivers
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c52b", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c532", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# Nano receiver, "Unifying Ready"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c52f", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# classic Nano receiver -- VX Nano mouse
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c526", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# classic Nano receiver -- MK220/MK320 mouse and keyboard combo
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c52e", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# classic? Nano receiver -- V220 wireless mouse
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c51b", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# G-Series receiver -- G-Series mouse
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c531", GOTO="solaar_apply"

# other Nano receivers known to Solaar
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c517", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c518", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c51a", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c521", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c525", GOTO="solaar_apply"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c534", GOTO="solaar_apply"

GOTO="solaar_end"

#
#
#
LABEL="solaar_apply"

# don't apply to the paired peripherals, just the receivers
DRIVERS=="logitech-djdevice|logitech-hidpp-device", GOTO="solaar_end"

# if the package configuration does not want the plugdev group, don't change the
# group and access mode
PROGRAM="/usr/bin/debconf-show solaar", RESULT=="*use_plugdev_group: false*", GOTO="solaar_no_plugdev"
MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"

LABEL="solaar_no_plugdev"
# tags for systemd/consolekit, they will apply the right ACLs for seated users
TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

#
#
#

LABEL="solaar_end"
# vim: ft=udevrules