Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bubmlebee nvidia driver problem

Need help with peripherals or devices?
stevepusser

Re: Bubmlebee nvidia driver problem

#16 Post by stevepusser »

You're getting out of the range of my knowledge. :?

I'm not a gamer, but I do have "Space Engine" in Wine for testing. With my Skylake Acer Optimus laptop, which just worked out of the box with Bumblebee, I did have to use the primusrun -b command to run it in Wine, but with my newer MSI GP63 8RD, I had to do some tweaking to get Bumblebee working, and primusrun won't work now for the same programs, but optirun does. Go figure. Either way, Space Engine didn't eat all my CPUs like you say yours is.
MX Linux packager and developer

Bloris

#17 Post by Bloris »

I tried to set VLGTransport in bumblebee.conf from proxy to other values and i get some improvements.
With XV i got a max of 99FPS in game. I still had some low spikes to 50, but it's still better than 30/60. Do you think it's just a lucky coincidence?

Code: Select all

# Possible values are proxy, jpeg, rgb, xv and yuv.
VGLTransport=xv 
and this was the command i run form console

Code: Select all

PRIMUS_SYNC=1 VGL_READBACK=pbo vblank_mode=0 optirun -b primus wine start 'C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LeagueClient.exe'

stevepusser

#18 Post by stevepusser »

You're getting out of my range of knowledge now. I just know a bit about the Nvidia drivers and how to set it up. The Arch wiki also has some extra troubleshooting tips for Bumblebee, if you haven't already seen it.

I think we need a "Bumblee Users Support Group" here or on Reddit, where those that have got it to work can share tips. All I see on Reddit is that most people can't get it to work, or that it has terrible performance if they do manage to get it to work.
MX Linux packager and developer

Bloris

#19 Post by Bloris »

Exactly...the problem is i've no idea where i've to ask for problems, there isn't a real bumblebee support.

I would like to continue with bumblebee, but if i can't get it works i just have to find other ways to use my NVIDIA card... :cry: