Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

nvidia pascal gpu driver

Need help with peripherals or devices?
splash88

nvidia pascal gpu driver

#1 Post by splash88 »

Tried installing EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 video card to
My HP elitedesk 800 g1 twr, running "9 Stretch".
I installed the general nvidia packages from the depository first
And then tried the driver directly from nvidia "NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.87.run"

In both cases I got to the "oops something has gone wrong" screen on boot. And had to back out the install.

Should I just return this and get an AMD based card, or is there some way to make this work?
I am inclined to go with something more open now that I know nvidia isn't. But I still don't like to lose.

Thanks for any assistance.

bw123

Re: nvidia pascal gpu driver

#2 Post by bw123 »

I've never owned one, not a fan of nvidia, but I think a lot of people use them and they have their good points...
https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
don't skip the steps, especially "identification" and "configuration" I think some of the instructions seem to contradict other steps, so read the whole thing a couple times.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

stevepusser

Re: nvidia pascal gpu driver

#3 Post by stevepusser »

If you want help, you'll have to post what exactly commands you used and exactly what output resulted. Vague descriptions are not going to be of any use at all.

Your problems are often the result of trying to incorrectly install the Nvidia drivers on an Optimus laptop, but since you provide no infomation about what your situation is...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MX Linux packager and developer