Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sound card crackling/popping

Need help with peripherals or devices?
pusha

Sound card crackling/popping

#1 Post by pusha »

I'm using Debian 9.9 with stock PulseAudio, and I experience some crackling/popping from the speakers.

I've tried different speakers, and I don't have the issue in Windows, so this doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

I have the following audio devices.

Code: Select all

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device a2f0
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 86c9
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Controller
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
I get the crackling/popping sound when I view a Youtube video in Firefox of which I've tried multiple versions, the latest being 66.0.4.

It tends to only be there in the start of the video, and then go away. Sometimes I can start a video and there will be no crackling/popping sound at all in the start nor throughout the length of the video.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Sound card crackling/popping

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang