Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SoundBlaster Live

Need help with peripherals or devices?
nvllified

SoundBlaster Live

#1 Post by nvllified »

Greetings,
The one final problem with my system! I don't have sound. I'm running a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Live 24 bit sound card and alsaconf does not detect it. How do I solve this problem? Thanks for your help, this problem has been plaguing me for quite some time.

nvllified

#2 Post by nvllified »

I removed my sound card in hopes of alsa recognizing my onboard sound, alsa did. After configuring my sound card I decided to tes it out which led to a terrible disapointment, no sound... what to do now?

nvllified

update

#3 Post by nvllified »

Although I don't get sounds while trying to play cds and things I've passed both the OSS and ALSA sound tests in Cedega with sound!.. I was play counter-strike for a bit beofre it crashing, I restarted the system to find that my sound no longer worked, niether OSS nor ALSA. What is to blame?

sstone

#4 Post by sstone »

Try reconfigure the driver...

Harold

#5 Post by Harold »

Are you using kernel 2.4 or 2.6? Alsa drivers are *not* automatically included in kernel 2.4. Do apt-cache search alsa-modules to determine what driver package needs to be installed. Or better yet, upgrade to kernel 2.6.

Regardless of which kernel, do lspci to identify your sound card, then go to ALSA Soundcard Matrix to identify the correct driver.

nvllified

#6 Post by nvllified »

Once I do this how do I install the proper drivers?