Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Thermaltake BlacX Duet only seeing one drive

Need help with peripherals or devices?
jerryb1961

Thermaltake BlacX Duet only seeing one drive

#1 Post by jerryb1961 »

Let me preface by saying I am using Mint Debian "Cindy" which is based on Stretch. I asked about this on the Mint forums but no one seems to know how to help.

It's a Thermaltake BlacX Duet docking station with two drives, but the OS is only seeing one of them. It works fine under regular Mint 17+ and under OpenSUSE 15. Surely I can't be the only Debian or Debian-derivative user to encounter this? (I know, don't call people Shirley...)

TIA...!

Segfault

Re: Thermaltake BlacX Duet only seeing one drive

#2 Post by Segfault »

Define "does not see". Does it show up in 'fdisk -l'?

jerryb1961

Re: Thermaltake BlacX Duet only seeing one drive

#3 Post by jerryb1961 »

It doesn't see it either.

This is probably a matter of missing proprietary firmware in the Debian kernel. The Thermaltake website is not any help either.

I solved it by just installing regular Mint 19.2, and it works perfectly. I still have my LMDE installation if I ever run across a solution. Thanks anyway. folks :-)