Quadro 2000m driver and Optimus

Getting your soundcard to work, using Debian on non-i386 hardware, etc

Quadro 2000m driver and Optimus

Postby Hate029 » 2019-09-09 15:03

I'm trying to install Debian Buster to Lenovo W520. Everything works except my gpu setting and external display through the dock. With Nouveau bumblebee works. External display doesn't but I think I could get it done with xrandr. Anyway, no matter what other driver I install to my quadro 2000m and it stops working after reboot. I follow Debians own guide: https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers I can still boot into XFCE but can't use optirun anymore after reboot.

Code: Select all
optirun xrandr
[   23.146764] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: Could not load GPU driver

[   23.146851] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.

Nvidia-detect recommends driver nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver but it gives the same above error as I try to run optirun. I've tried nvidia-driver and nvidia-legacy-340xx-driver as well and as bad result.

As I noticed that it is a driver issue I changed my bios settings to use only the nvidia gpu and reinstalled Buster few times. Every time I install Nvidia proprieraty driver my pc got stuck in a black screen with a blinking cursor and fan blowing hot air. This is beyond my skill as I can't get any info after this. I've googled a lot found many who have same kind of problems but nothing works on me. Some suggest that I use only Nvidia gpu but that solution uses my battery in an hour. And without Nvidia gpu i can't use external display as they are used through quadro.

Here's a infopage from my laptop https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T520/wheezy

I hope that with little help and knowledge I get Buster up and running as it is very well supported otherwise. Thanks.
Hate029

Re: Quadro 2000m driver and Optimus

Postby ruwolf » 2019-09-15 10:21

What can you see by dmesg after xrandr failure?
ruwolf

Location: Slovakia, Banovce nad Bebravou, Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7

Return to Hardware