Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox [BLUETOOTH]

Need help with peripherals or devices?
LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: [HELP] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox

#16 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

Hmm, this is a strange situation - if the problem is related to NVME, You would have continuous problems with unstable filesystem - but it seems that this is not the case here.
Your logs are showing that You have a "AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (family: 0x17, model: 0x18, stepping: 0x1)"
This an CPU-integrated GFX card, so crashes in the GFX driver can mess-up the system RAM, causing crazy errors in any other system components.
Taking into account that only Firefox is crashing Your system, and assuming that You have a clean Debian installed (e.g. no Liqourix kernel and assuming that none of the flatpacks/ppa's have damaged Your OS), I would say that it can be an issue with the testing snapshot of Debian which You are using - so in such case You should fill a bug report.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

Danielsan

Re: [HELP] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox

#17 Post by Danielsan »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Hmm, this is a strange situation - if the problem is related to NVME, You would have continuous problems with unstable filesystem - but it seems that this is not the case here.
Your logs are showing that You have a "AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (family: 0x17, model: 0x18, stepping: 0x1)"
This an CPU-integrated GFX card, so crashes in the GFX driver can mess-up the system RAM, causing crazy errors in any other system components.
Taking into account that only Firefox is crashing Your system, and assuming that You have a clean Debian installed (e.g. no Liqourix kernel and assuming that none of the flatpacks/ppa's have damaged Your OS), I would say that it can be an issue with the testing snapshot of Debian which You are using - so in such case You should fill a bug report.
The issue has not appeared so far, I tried to stress this laptop in any condition, but everything now seems fine. About the GPU: on Xorg log I didn't see any issue or warning.

This Debian is setup to testing maybe some fixes arrived with some kernel updates, however I would like to report the bug if I would be able to find and to replicate it...

Danielsan

Re: [SOLVED] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox [BLUETOOTH]

#18 Post by Danielsan »

Eventually I was able to replicate the issue...

It wasn't the NVMe but an override to the systemd bluetooth.service I did a month ago to fix the bluetooth that was probably fixed later and it goes in conflict with my override.

Weird...