[SOLVED] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox [BLUETOOTH]

Getting your soundcard to work, using Debian on non-i386 hardware, etc

Re: [HELP] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox

Postby LE_746F6D617A7A69 » 2020-08-27 19:52

Hmm, this is a strange situation - if the problem is related to NVME, You would have continuous problems with unstable filesystem - but it seems that this is not the case here.
Your logs are showing that You have a "AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (family: 0x17, model: 0x18, stepping: 0x1)"
This an CPU-integrated GFX card, so crashes in the GFX driver can mess-up the system RAM, causing crazy errors in any other system components.
Taking into account that only Firefox is crashing Your system, and assuming that You have a clean Debian installed (e.g. no Liqourix kernel and assuming that none of the flatpacks/ppa's have damaged Your OS), I would say that it can be an issue with the testing snapshot of Debian which You are using - so in such case You should fill a bug report.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed
LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: [HELP] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox

Postby Danielsan » 2020-08-31 14:27

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Hmm, this is a strange situation - if the problem is related to NVME, You would have continuous problems with unstable filesystem - but it seems that this is not the case here.
Your logs are showing that You have a "AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (family: 0x17, model: 0x18, stepping: 0x1)"
This an CPU-integrated GFX card, so crashes in the GFX driver can mess-up the system RAM, causing crazy errors in any other system components.
Taking into account that only Firefox is crashing Your system, and assuming that You have a clean Debian installed (e.g. no Liqourix kernel and assuming that none of the flatpacks/ppa's have damaged Your OS), I would say that it can be an issue with the testing snapshot of Debian which You are using - so in such case You should fill a bug report.

The issue has not appeared so far, I tried to stress this laptop in any condition, but everything now seems fine. About the GPU: on Xorg log I didn't see any issue or warning.

This Debian is setup to testing maybe some fixes arrived with some kernel updates, however I would like to report the bug if I would be able to find and to replicate it...
Danielsan

Re: [SOLVED] Random Freeze NVMe + Firefox [BLUETOOTH]

Postby Danielsan » 2020-09-09 03:06

Eventually I was able to replicate the issue...

It wasn't the NVMe but an override to the systemd bluetooth.service I did a month ago to fix the bluetooth that was probably fixed later and it goes in conflict with my override.

Weird...
Danielsan

Previous

Return to Hardware