Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

RTS5138 internal card reader error

Need help with peripherals or devices?
oatis10

RTS5138 internal card reader error

#1 Post by oatis10 »

Hi!
I have a MG-10T mini pc with 32 bit debian10 (4.19.0-12-686pae) and the card reader stop working.
In terminal lsusb command says:

Bus 004 Device 004: ID: 0bda:0138 Realtek semiconductor Corp. RTS5138 Card Reader Controller

But it doesn't work. I updated my system some days earlier but I don't know when stopped working. It worked earlier.
It works correctly under win7.
Thanks.

oatis10

Re: RTS5138 internal card reader error

#2 Post by oatis10 »

Hi!
I have newer information in this situation.
I upgaraded my system. I can see the card with gparted and I can delete/create partition on it, but automont cannot work. I have to mount and unmount the drive with terminal. When I use sd card in usb card reader than automount is work correctly.
What can I do?

oatis10

Re: RTS5138 internal card reader error

#3 Post by oatis10 »

oatis10 wrote:Hi!
I have newer information in this situation.
I upgaraded my system. I can see the card with gparted and I can delete/create partition on it, but automont cannot work. I have to mount and unmount the drive with terminal. When I use sd card in usb card reader than automount is work correctly.
What can I do?
And a new problem: If I mount from terminal to \media\user\aaa directory I cannot write the directory (sdcard) as user only as root. If I mount it with gnome disks than situation is same, I cannot write only read the directory.
Thanks!

Solved!
sudo fsck /dev/sdb1
Fsck repaired an error and it is working now, automont too.